Single Origin, Sumatra Mandheling, 250g, 500g
- Region: Batak Region of West-Central Sumatra, Aceh
- Growing Altitude: 2,500–5,000 ft.
- Arabica Variety: Catimor, Typica
- Harvest Period: June–December
- Milling Process: Giling Basah (wet-hulled), sun-dried
- Body: Full
- Acidity: Low
- Light-medium roast (American roast)
- Cup profile: Macadamia , milk chocolate, red grape
- Roasted date and batch number on packaging
- Preferably consume within 2 months from the roasted date.
ABOUT THIS COFFEE:
Many of the islands of Indonesia were formed by volcanoes and still benefit from soil that's rich in volcanic ash and ideal for growing coffee. It's no wonder that some of the world’s most famous coffees are grown on the islands of the Malay Archipelago of Indonesia: Sumatra, Sulawesi and Java.
Sumatra is the second-largest island in the Republic of Indonesia. Sumatra Mandheling coffee is grown on the lofty volcanic slopes of Mount Leuser near the port of Padang, in the Batak region of west-central Sumatra.
Giling Basah, the unique method used in the production of Sumatran coffees, results in a very full body with a concentrated flavor, garnished with herbal nuances and a spicy finish. It involves hulling the parchment off the bean at roughly 50 percent moisture content (compared to 10 to 12 percent moisture, in most other regions). This unique process results in Sumatra's trademark flavor profile (low acidity, richness that lingers on the back of the palate, and a chocolate finish) and gives the green beans their signature color.
- Our Sumatra Mandheling is Grade 1-Triple-Picked (TP), which referring to the number of times the coffee is hand-picked for defects. This extra quality control measure results in a very consistent cup that includes only cherries at optimum ripeness.
Delivery on every Wednesday and Friday:
- For the order on Sat, Sun, Monday: Delivery on Friday same week
- For the order on Tuesday, Wed, Thurs and Friday: Delivery on Wednesday following week
- For the order above $20, Free delivery national-wide
- Below $20, Delivery charge of $4.50 ap